Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Old timey band


I want to play in an old timey band, and I want to be a guy that says what he means.
I want to sing out of tune and get praised for it, and i want to life in the back the van.
I think that we should get our drinks for free, and I feel the door man should have to leave.
And I still  think it unfair to be seventeen , and not hear the bands that you came hear to see.

But I'm just another person that wishes And I'm just another person that dreams.
And I'm just trying to make sense out of all of this, 
before everything changes and we forget what it means.

I want to play in an old timey band.and I want to be a guy that sings really good. 
 I want to hear singing go all through the croud, that shatters the windows and splinters the wood.

And I want to hear fathers that care for their children,
And I want to hear mothers that act modestly.
I want to hear leaders that care for their people, 
And I want to hear people just like you and me. 

But I can't seem to see past the smoke and the mirrors.
 That blinds me and chokes me and blackens my soul.
So if I die crawling out of this room tonight,
 Please sing me this song at my funeral.

 I'm just another person that wishes, and i'm just another person that dreams.
And I'm just trying to make sense out of all of this, 
before everything changes and we forget what it means.

I want to play in an old timey Band






No comments:

Post a Comment